Comfort "where brooding darkness spreads his jealous wings" (John Milton)

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Inescapable Suffering

Her inescapable sufferings bring hourly questions for one in what should be the prime of her life. They bring questions to those who love her and live in the questions with her. Why this...how will she...when an end...will it end...what cause...what cure...who...where...how?...

Only those close to her can faintly know the great depths of her continuing pain. 

They wait restoration of life, as Job received. Job praised God from the pit of suffering. To whom else can she and those who love her turn? All others fail. And God restored to Job all he had lost, and more.  --Anonymous


For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand 
at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my 
flesh shall I see God:
Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, 
and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.  Job 19: 25-27
And God restored to Job all he had lost, and more.
God promised: I will restore to you the years the locusts have eaten. --Joel 2:25

No comments: